Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
akhilash

Default Help :Merge 2 employee information tables

I have 2 tables containing employee information. The names are in different
formats - 1st table has name in lname, fname and MI format whilest the other
has either fname, lname or lname, fname or just lname. There is no employee
number as a unique identifier. How am I going to merge these 2 tables

Thanks
akhilash
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

ONly thing I can see is to add some helper columns to Table 1 by
concatinating from the lname, fname, MI format into the three options from
Table 2, ie:
fname, lname
lname, fname
lname

and then use VLOOKUPS qualify each line of Table 2.............

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3