Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jacsells

Default in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There,
check the "Fixed decimal" option and enter 2 for the number of
places.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"jacsells" wrote in message
how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter
123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Toolsoptionsedit and fixed decimal, set it to 2
don't forget to turn it off afterwards

Peo Sjoblom

"jacsells" wrote in message
how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i

want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jacsells

Thanks, When I want to go to whole numbers, 123 do I have to go back to
tools, options, edit and remove the fixed decimal check?

"jacsells" wrote:

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jacsells

Thanks, when I want to go back to whole numbers do I need to go back to

"jacsells" wrote:

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Yes.

You could leave that Fixed Decimal Places unchecked and use sheet event code
to divide your entries by 100 as you enter them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP