-   -   in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/57628-excel-how-do-i-get-1-23-when-i-enter-123-a.html)

jacsells

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Chip Pearson

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There,
check the "Fixed decimal" option and enter 2 for the number of
places.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"jacsells" wrote in message
how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter
123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Peo Sjoblom

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

Toolsoptionsedit and fixed decimal, set it to 2
don't forget to turn it off afterwards

Peo Sjoblom

"jacsells" wrote in message
how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i

want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

jacsells

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

Thanks, When I want to go to whole numbers, 123 do I have to go back to
tools, options, edit and remove the fixed decimal check?

"jacsells" wrote:

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

jacsells

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

Thanks, when I want to go back to whole numbers do I need to go back to

"jacsells" wrote:

how do i get the decimal point to enter automatic when i enter 123 and i want
1.23 without entering the decimal point manualy?

Gord Dibben

in excel how do i get 1.23 when i enter 123

Yes.

You could leave that Fixed Decimal Places unchecked and use sheet event code
to divide your entries by 100 as you enter them.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP