Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tourkow

Default How can I change the color/type of the borders I put on cells?

When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

ToolsOptionsView and change the colour in the Color dropdown.

--

HTH

RP

"Tourkow" wrote in message
When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tourkow

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

ToolsOptionsView and change the colour in the Color dropdown.

OOPS! I should have said: "Change the color of the 'printed' cell borders",
not the grid lines that show on the screen. I expected to be able to change
the color/type of the cell border lines under FormatCellsBorders, but that
doesn't seem to work (as I would have expected it to).
--

HTH

RP

"Tourkow" wrote in message
When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

After changing the color of the borders under FormatCellsBordersColor make
sure you have FilePage setupSheet set for printing in color, not "black and
white".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Tourkow" wrote in message
When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bod Bod is offline

How do I make the cell border lighter weight? E.g. 0.5pt
Why does the light yellow colour (RGB 255,255,204) print so faintly? Is it
something to do with the "print black and white" setting you mentioned? I
thought I'd seen it print a little darker previously.

"Tourkow" wrote in message
When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormatCellsBordersColor does not work for me, even on the screen. I don't
want to change ALL the borders or gridlines, just those for a few cells,
which I have duly selected. Help!

"Tourkow" wrote in message
When I use the "Cell Border" button on the toolbar to put borders around
selected cells, is there a way I can change the color/type of the border
lines (for the whole worksheet)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Little trick to the sequence of applying borders and colors.

If you select the color before selecting the border type the color will
hold.

If you have first applied the border type then change color, you must then
re-select the border type.

Gord