Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparky3883

Default Music List

Hi All

i was wondering if someone could please help me with a small query that
I have.

In one of my folders, i have a lot of music files. Is it possible to
put together a list of the music that i have, without actually having a
music file in the list.

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Mark

--
sparky3883
sparky3883's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6893

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Mark

Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull directly to
Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering and
sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:45:09 -0600, sparky3883
wrote:

Hi All

i was wondering if someone could please help me with a small query that
I have.

In one of my folders, i have a lot of music files. Is it possible to
put together a list of the music that i have, without actually having a
music file in the list.

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparky3883

Hi Gord

Thanks for your help.

I tries your recommended way, but it didn't print off what I wanted.
However, whenever I now double click to open a folder, Windows Explorer
comes up instead. When i right click on the folder, Explore is set as
default and not Open. Is this a result of me adding the Print Listing
Function?

Do you happen to know how I can change it back so that Open is set as
default and when I doulbe click, it opens up the folder?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Mark

--
sparky3883
sparky3883's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487751

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this link
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...filesscripting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

sparky

I showed you 4 methods

Which did you use.

I would assume the "Print Directory" method.

You obviously missed a step or misstepped a step if you didn't get what you
wanted.

I have never had any setting for double-click on a folder that didn't open
that folder in Windows Explorer.

What did a double-click do for you prior to adding the Print Directory
command?

In order to add the Print Directory command to your right-click menu, you had
to go into ToolsFolder OptionsFile Types and make changes there.

Backtrack your steps to see what you missed.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:34:35 -0600, sparky3883
wrote:

Hi Gord

Thanks for your help.

I tries your recommended way, but it didn't print off what I wanted.
However, whenever I now double click to open a folder, Windows Explorer
comes up instead. When i right click on the folder, Explore is set as
default and not Open. Is this a result of me adding the Print Listing
Function?

Do you happen to know how I can change it back so that Open is set as
default and when I doulbe click, it opens up the folder?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Not true.

Folders double-clicked do not open in Windows Explorer, they open in their own
window.

Sorry about that mis-direction.

Gord Dibben