Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T70McCains

Default Saving in Excel

I have a problem that just started last week. When I modify a cell with new
text I cannot save the file until I click off the cell. I used to be able to
click save without clicking off the box. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The save icon is still enabled for me when I'm editting a cell. (I use xl2003.)

You could try resetting the standard toolbar:

tools|customize|toolbars tab
select the Standard toolbar
click reset

be aware that any customized changes you've made to that toolbar will have to be
recreated.

======
If that doesn't help, how about a test:

Close excel
windows start button|run
type:
excel /safe
and hit enter

Start typing and see if the Save icon is enabled.

Maybe there's something else happening.

--

Dave Peterson