Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tee

Default FILL SERIES

I am working with mulitple workbooks that are linked to one master report
that is to be updated with data entered in the workbooks. When I am creating
a formula =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$2), I want this formula to fill
down the column but switch to the appropriate numbered row, i.e.
=sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$3) but that is not working in Excel 2003.
When I right click on the fill handle, I use to get a shortcut menu which
would allow me to fill series but it's grayed out. I am manually entering
the correct row number to make the formula have the correct information. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Tee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders

delete the $ sign in front of the 2
this sign prevents the formula from changing
this absolute reference is very useful if you do not want to change part of
the formula.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Tee" wrote in message
I am working with mulitple workbooks that are linked to one master report
that is to be updated with data entered in the workbooks. When I am
creating
a formula =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$2), I want this formula to fill
down the column but switch to the appropriate numbered row, i.e.
=sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$3) but that is not working in Excel 2003.
When I right click on the fill handle, I use to get a shortcut menu which
would allow me to fill series but it's grayed out. I am manually entering
the correct row number to make the formula have the correct information.
Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Tee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tee

Bill

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That was it. I appreciate the quick
response and solution.
--
Tee