John

Default How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

Say i want to increment by 2 in a fill How do I do that?
Also, How do I increment a fill series =M80 by other than 1 so the next cell
call out would be M82 then M84 etc..
Bernard Liengme

In A1 enter 6
In A2 enter 8
Select A1:A2 and drag fill handle down
You will get 6, 8, 10, 12 .....

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"John" wrote in message
Say i want to increment by 2 in a fill How do I do that?
Also, How do I increment a fill series =M80 by other than 1 so the next
cell
call out would be M82 then M84 etc..

Kevin M

John, if you type 2 in A1, then 4 in B1 and 6 in C1 then
highlight the whole range, then autofill down Excel will
get the picture and continue to autofill by increments of
2.

As far as highlighting every other cell, you can't.
Unless you're talking about typing the text M80 and doing
an auto fill from that, that's the same as above.

HTH

Kevin M
Ken Wright

To increment on alternate cells, assuming you wanted to fill say A3:A101 on
odd cells, in cell B1 put =MOD(ROW(),2) and fill down to B101. Autofilter
on the 1s.

Type a 1 in cell A3. Select A5:A101 and do Edit / Go to / Special / Visible
cells only. Type = and hit the Up Arrow key so it references A3 and then
type +1 and hit CTRL+ENTER. Now just unfilter Col B

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03