Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James

Default Standard Normal Loss Value

How do I find the Standard Normal Loss value in Excel?
I can find the function for Standard Normal, but I also need the Loss value.

James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

I have no experience with this usage, but a Google search on "Standard Normal
Loss" gives many hits. The first being a power point presentation that on
slide 10 defines the standard normal loss function L(z) as
=NORMDIST(z,0,1,FALSE)-z*NORMSDIST(-z)
so it seems to be dealing with the discrepancy between the actual tail
probability and the 1-term asymptotic approximation to the tail probability

Jerry