Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default disabling the underline when adding a hyperlink

Hello,

I've made a spreadsheet where the user inputs a hyperlink into a cell.
However, to make things a little more presentable, I want the hyperlink
to not have an underline. I can remove the hyperlink after adding the
link, but I would like to make it automatic so that when the user
inputs the link it will appear instantly without an underline. Is
there anyway to do this? Thanks!

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

I can't tell whether you want the hyperlink or not, since you seem to
indicate that removing the hyperlink is OK.

To automatically remove the hyperlink, see

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

If you just want to remove the underline, choose Format/Style, select
the Hyperlink style from the Style name dropdown, click Modify and
remove the underline in the Font pane. You'll probably want to do the
same thing with the Followed Hyperlink style.

In article .com,
wrote:

Hello,

I've made a spreadsheet where the user inputs a hyperlink into a cell.
However, to make things a little more presentable, I want the hyperlink
to not have an underline. I can remove the hyperlink after adding the
link, but I would like to make it automatic so that when the user
inputs the link it will appear instantly without an underline. Is
there anyway to do this? Thanks!

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much!

The style menu was exactly what I needed.

Rick