Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dingy101

Default Select cell from range based on input in excel xp

I have a worksheet with a table of data in it.

Based on user input generated from a pull down box that lists the values in
the first column and another pulldown that lists the values in the first row
of the table, how do I get the value of the field that is in the field where
the row and column intersect?

I want to read this value and use it in other formulas.

Office XP

Gary
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Once you get those values into the cells, you can use =index(match()) to return
the value from the table.

Debra Dalgleish's has some notes you may like:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Using:
your_grid_range in B1:W20

A1: (Word from the first row of the range)
A2: (Word from first column of the range)

A3: INDEX(B1:W20,MATCH(A2,B1:B20,0),MATCH(A1,B1:W1,0))

That formula starts with B1:W20 and returns the value at the intersection of
the column that contains the word in A1 and the row that contains the word in
A2.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"dingy101" wrote:

I have a worksheet with a table of data in it.

Based on user input generated from a pull down box that lists the values in
the first column and another pulldown that lists the values in the first row
of the table, how do I get the value of the field that is in the field where
the row and column intersect?

I want to read this value and use it in other formulas.

Office XP

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dingy101