Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Yves

Default MSNStockQuote returns #Value!

My worksheet has multiple rows with a stock id in the first column. All rows
are properly defined with various data elements provided by MSNStockQuote
functions.

When I run the Update Quotes function (from the toolbar), it updates all
rows except a few for which it set all cells invoking MSNStockQuote with a
#VALUE! code.

Any fix to this erratic behavior?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Yves,
Does this happen on a single stock quote AND on a multiple stock quote,
have you been using the macro consistently or have you set it aside for a
number of months. There was a problem a few months ago, where as I
recall formats were changed.
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...gp13.phx. gbl

I'm just the messenger, if those programs are relying on a static web page, forget it, especially
if someone has advertising on a page and figures they can squeeze in more they will. In any
case programming on the output of other printed reports if that is what it is doing is risky
business.
---
HTH,

"Yves" wrote in message ...
My worksheet has multiple rows with a stock id in the first column. All rows
are properly defined with various data elements provided by MSNStockQuote
functions.

When I run the Update Quotes function (from the toolbar), it updates all
rows except a few for which it set all cells invoking MSNStockQuote with a
#VALUE! code.

Any fix to this erratic behavior?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Yves

Thanks for addressing my question, David.

This behavior started at the beginning of October. In the worksheet I am
working on, the problem occurs on two consecutive rows in the middle of the
pack. If I replace the stock id by any other one on these rows, and then just
undo, the right values appear. (However, if I do the same thing in a macro,
it does not work!)

I tried to regenerate the list from scratch. Somehow the Add-in seems to
filter out the same stock ids wherever they appear in the list. The same
problem will occur if I create a new worksheet and I try to insert the same
stock ids.

It is like some information is stored somewhere preventing the function to
work properly on these stock ids wherever they are!

Is there a more reliable way to get the same information?

"Yves" wrote in message ...
My worksheet has multiple rows with a stock id in the first column. All rows
are properly defined with various data elements provided by MSNStockQuote
functions.

When I run the Update Quotes function (from the toolbar), it updates all
rows except a few for which it set all cells invoking MSNStockQuote with a
#VALUE! code.

Any fix to this erratic behavior?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

For record keeping a more reliable way would be Quicken (Intuit), or MS Money
then you are set up to see the value of stocks, individually or in total, for any
day in the past, including the current date, including cash at financial institutions.
It will keep track of transfers and checks, and deposits. Also for tax reporting
purposes you will know dates you purchased and sold stock. Check the package
to make sure that it has online updating for stock quotes, etc. in other words
probably Deluxe edition not Basic edition.

The problems experienced in July, I think, were from using an Example supplied
by Microsoft Money site or in a KB article and format changed. I think it worked
for individual stock but not multiples, but it was fixable..