Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trojan

Default Excel Sounds

How can I play a sound when the value in an Excel Cell changes, i.e. a
certain date has been passed? Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Trojan,

See John Walkenbach at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Trojan" wrote in message
How can I play a sound when the value in an Excel Cell changes, i.e. a
certain date has been passed? Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trojan

Thank you Norman, will try this and let you know.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trojan,

See John Walkenbach at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Trojan" wrote in message
How can I play a sound when the value in an Excel Cell changes, i.e. a
certain date has been passed? Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trojan

Great Norman, at last got it to make a noise, however, I'm new to this game
so please forgive me if I ask too much but any idea if I can get it to make a
noise if I am not actually in the programme and to continue to do so until I
action the cell? Or at the very least if the programme is minimized.
Alan.

"Trojan" wrote:

Thank you Norman, will try this and let you know.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trojan,

See John Walkenbach at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Trojan" wrote in message
How can I play a sound when the value in an Excel Cell changes, i.e. a
certain date has been passed? Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Trojan,

What you appear to want to do is so horrendous that I am sure that I have
misunderstood.

Perhaps, therefore it would help if you were to provide additional detail of
what you would like to do and why.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Trojan" wrote:

Thank you Norman, will try this and let you know.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trojan,

See John Walkenbach at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Trojan" wrote in message
How can I play a sound when the value in an Excel Cell changes, i.e.
certain date has been passed? Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trojan

Hi Norman, I've set up a spreadsheet with peoples names and addresses on with
3 date fields (each date 10 days apart), what I'm trying to do is to get it
to alarm and preferrably flag up the name each time the date has passed
Now(). It would be nice if it could be done even if not in the programme
but don't see that as possible.
Many thanks.

"Trojan" wrote:

Thank you Norman, will try this and let you know.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trojan,

See John Walkenbach at:

---