Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cdavidson

Default Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...

I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the
pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of
data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item
of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my
'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return
the row number.

My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single
column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ"

My eventual plan is to then use the following to return the row number where
that text string reside: =CELL("Row",'cell found using above formula')

Thanks for the help!

Craig