Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Mackenzie

Default Formulas containing links to other Excel files

I have a spreadsheet that I update monthly. A column of cells contains a
formula that links to a previous spreadsheet something like this:

=vlookup(a1,'[OctoberFile.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$K$100,4,false)

If I put text in cell B1 "OctoberFile" I would like the [OctoberFile.xls]
part of the formula to change if I change the content of cell B1 to
NovemberFile so that it links to another file called NovemberFile.xls.

Not sure if I have explained this very well does does anyone have any ideas
without using code?

Thanks,

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

You would normally use the INDIRECT function, but it sucks with external
files, so code is your best bet in this circumstance (I think).
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm

Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com