Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marilyn

Default Tab key problems

I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through
the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct
this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Marilyn

Sounds like all cells are locked if the Tab key won't move.

Did you select the cells to be unlocked and set them as such prior to
protecting the worksheet?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:09:07 -0800, "Marilyn"
wrote:

I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through
the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct
this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marilyn

Thank you for responding. The cells were unlocked prior to turning on
worksheet protection. The owner of the file passworded the protection so I
cannot turn it off to check the worksheet. I can use the arrow keys and also
click a cell to enter information in the unlocked cells, but cannot use the
Enter key. Any other ideas?

wrote:

I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through
the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct
this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marilyn

Correction to previous reply. I cannot use the Tab key to move through the
unlocked cells.

Thanks.

wrote:

I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through
the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct
this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Marilyn

I cannot replicate this behaviour on my Excel 2002 or 2003.

Email me the workbook if it is not confidential.

Change the AT and DOT appropriately to get my unmunged email address.

Gord