Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ACFalcon

Default Remove Data Format Change

I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The
problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which
corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that
will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the
spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting
that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to
recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is
causing major problems for us.

Thanks,
ACFalcon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet
Can you adjust the output software to deliver data in a different
format?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ACFalcon

No, it is a direct copy of data, and there is no way to change the data
format. Even if there was, changing the format could cause confusion for the
end users.

"Dave O" wrote:

I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet

Can you adjust the output software to deliver data in a different
format?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suresh

Check the style definition of your spreadsheet. FormatStyle. Under the
normal style definition modify the number as general and then download data.