Hywel

Default Export data to sheets based on value

Posting this again - in the hope that somebody can show me how to edit
this code to slightly adjust the outcome. At the moment the VBA moves
items in Column B - which has letters and numbers in it (AF0075). I
wish for it now to examine column C - which has numbers in it only -
and it no longer works. Is it easy to adjust the code slightly?
Thanks
Hywel

--
Hywel
Hywel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14824

anilsolipuram

I did not get what you want, can you elaborate.

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

Hywel

My initial example (that you built the code upon) was a simplification.
In reality I amended your code so that instead of colummn B being the
one under question, it is actually column s - this is only a minor
tweak. Column S contains department numbers of the following format
(Letter, Letter, number, number, number, number, e.g. AF0075 or
CP1006)

Using your code this has worked successfully for a number of months.
However, the need has now arisen to divide the information in Column M
of the spreadsheet by unique contents.

If I wanted to interrogate column M of the spreadsheet, the code
doesn't work if i simply adjust the column in question from S to M. I
think this is becuase the format of column M is number, number, number
e.g 145 or 296 etc. I have tried the code on column R (letter format)
and that work - hence my suspicion why it must be the number format.

The row Sheets(dept).select in sub_check_sheet is highlighted in the
debugger.

Is this problem being created due to the format of the contents of the
column being different, or have I missed something far simpler?
Many thanks,
Hywel