Grafur

Default How do I transfer data between Excell sheets?

I receive outside data with 3700 rows and 12 colums of information, text and
numerical. I also have 17 seperate sheets and each contain some of this
master data. How do I get the master sheet to deliver the individually needed
data to the seperate 17 sheets. Column A in each of the 17 sheets is a name
and must be recognized by the master sheet that this row must be updated by
it's data in column G, F, C, D etc.
This is a price sheet senerio. The cost and the name of each product comes
from outside in Excell. I have several unique price sheet in Excell that go
to seperate displays on the floor that need to be updated via the master from
outside.
Ken Wright

Is ALL the data on the 17 sheets gleaned from that single Master sheet. If
so then you may want to consider using a Pivot table to build each of your
reports from that source data, and then anytime you update that source sheet
you simply refresh the tables as well.

If not then consider VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH on your 17 summary sheets to get
data from the Master sheet based on matching up variables on each of your 17
summary sheets.

Also, you are working under the misapprehension that you get the Master
sheet to PUSH data out, when in fact what you have to do is get your 17
summary sheets to PULL the relevant data from the Master sheet. Formulas
cannot change the values in other cells, they can only pull data into the
cell they reside in.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Grafur" wrote in message
I receive outside data with 3700 rows and 12 colums of information, text

and
numerical. I also have 17 seperate sheets and each contain some of this
master data. How do I get the master sheet to deliver the individually

needed
data to the seperate 17 sheets. Column A in each of the 17 sheets is a

name
and must be recognized by the master sheet that this row must be updated

by
it's data in column G, F, C, D etc.
This is a price sheet senerio. The cost and the name of each product comes
from outside in Excell. I have several unique price sheet in Excell that

go
to seperate displays on the floor that need to be updated via the master

from
outside.

Otto Moehrbach

There are several formula solutions that can be used for your problem, but I
have found that using formulas with a large amount of data can be very
frustrating. You say that you start with 3700 rows and 12 columns. If each
of the 3700 rows goes to only one of the 17 sheets, you have 3700 times 12,
or 44,400 formula cells distributed among the 17 sheets And that's just for
one run. I would choose a VBA solution for this problem.
If you wish and if you're interested in a VBA solution, send me direct a
file with a sample of what you have. It's the layout of your data that I
need so that I can write the VBA code to marry with what you have and with
what you want. If you feel that your data is proprietary (names and specs,
etc) just provide dummy data. Again, it's the layout of your data that I
need.
However, the master sheet is another matter. You say that the data in
the master sheet is "outside data". I take this to mean this data comes
from somewhere and is imported to Excel. Imported data generally comes with
varied problems peculiar to the source and the methods used to import, and
these problems have to be dealt with by the VBA code. It would be prudent,
therefore, for you to send me real imported data so that I can address these
problems directly within the code.
My email address is . Remove "nop" from this
address.