Lovella

Default Could Use Some Help!

I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
I have a worksheet with the following formula,
=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF8 64)

This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert "n/a")
If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!. My question,
is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
text? The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.

You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.

Thanks in advance, Lovella

Lovella via OfficeKB.com

RagDyer:

Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
I'm thinking, the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
Thanks again for trying. Lovella

Lovella wrote:
I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
I have a worksheet with the following formula,
=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF 864)

This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert "n/a")
If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!. My question,
is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
text? The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.

You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.

Thanks in advance, Lovella

Peo Sjoblom

If you get value using that formula than you must have text in either CA864
or BZ864 or value error itself in any of the cells

SUM ignores text but using an operand like + - * / and text will trigger it
so the CA864*BZ864 part is the culprit unless you have errors in any other
cell involved

Peo Sjoblom

Lovella wrote:
I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
I have a worksheet with the following formula,
=+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF 864)

This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert "n/a")
If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!. My question,
is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains
text? The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text.

You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this.

Thanks in advance, Lovella

Lovella via OfficeKB.com

Peo Sjoblom/RagDyer:

YOU DID IT. It Works..!. I found some stray "n/a's" ,
with the Find function. It's a huge worksheet. Ajusted
RagDyer's formula. It works. Can't thank you guys
enough. Your help was very much appreciated.
This is a Terrific Site! Excel PROS..
Thank you.
Sincerely, Lovella

Lovella wrote:
RagDyer:

Thanks for the rsponse... it didn't work.. same "VALUE! error.
I'm thinking, the IF Then Else.. formula.. If cell =text ignore..
Else Add. something like that but I don't know how to do it.
It may take a VB program. but I'm just learning that.
Thanks again for trying. Lovella

Try this:

=SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864)

I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets
I have a worksheet with the following formula,

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

Thanks in advance, Lovella