Lynne

Default round up a function RESULT

I know how to round a cell, I know how to set up a function in a cell but I
am trying to round the result of the function that I have already set up in
the cell

=PRODUCT(I62,D63) - is the current cell function
I am taking that and the next step is multiplying that to get a
percentage.... .025 percent....that ends up equaling something like 1434 and
I need to get that cell to

ROUND up to the next 50 or round down 50....does this makes sense?....it is
driving me crazy your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Dave Peterson

=ceiling(i62*d63,50)
or
=floor(i62*d63,50)

Take a look at excel's help for more info.

--

Dave Peterson

Niek Otten

Use the MROUND() function. If you get a #NAME error, ToolsAdd-ins, check
Analysis Toolpak
To multiply numbers, you don't need the PRODUCT function. You can use the
multiplication sign instead, if you wish.
Did you really mean .025 percent or did you mean multiply by .025?

Your formula might be something like

=MROUND (I62*D63*.025,50) or =MROUND(I62*D63*2.5%,50)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Lynne" wrote in message
I know how to round a cell, I know how to set up a function in a cell but I
am trying to round the result of the function that I have already set up
in
the cell

=PRODUCT(I62,D63) - is the current cell function
I am taking that and the next step is multiplying that to get a
percentage.... .025 percent....that ends up equaling something like 1434
and
I need to get that cell to

ROUND up to the next 50 or round down 50....does this makes sense?....it
is
driving me crazy your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Niek Otten

Dave and Gary' student are probably right, but the

<ROUND up to the next 50 or round down 50....

made me think you just wanted to round, not round up

Anyway, you may have enough stuff now to get it sorted out; if not, post
again in this same thread

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten