Serenity2u

Default Saving in Excel

When I click File, Save in Excel, the default choice is set as "Save as
Copy". I would like to change the default to "Overwrite Changes". How do I
do this?
keithl816

If you are wanting to save the changes in file you are working on, why
not just click on the icon that resembles a floppy disc in the toolbar?

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AC Helpdesk

I have 2 users that are experiencing this. When they open the file off of a
shared group network drive (they are one of 3 people that use the file) they
are NOT prompted that the file is in use. We checked and none of the other
users are using that file or even Excel. She goes to save her changes and she
is prompted with ..

"the file XXXXXX.xls may have been changed by another user since you last
saved it. In that case what do you want?"

options of "Save a copy" or "overwrite changes"

why are they getting this if no one has the file open??

"exceluserforeman" wrote:

I think you already have two instances of Excel open or the same workbook open.
Make sure you only have one instance open then you can overwrite the file,
also not "Save As" but "Save"