Herb Lady

Default Converting files for Excel

How do I convert *.wdb and *.mdb files and bring into excel? I have files
from other people that made lists in access. In Excel there is no listing for
these files. Any help?
keithl816

Open the access file and highlight the table you want to export to
excel. go to

File/Export

In the Save type as: box click on the drop down and pick microsoft
excel

In the save in: box click on the drop down and pick what excel file the
table will be imported to and highlight.

Click Save

Hope this helps you.

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Herb Lady

"keithl816" wrote:

Open the access file and highlight the table you want to export to
excel. go to

File/Export

In the Save type as: box click on the drop down and pick microsoft
excel

In the save in: box click on the drop down and pick what excel file the
table will be imported to and highlight.

Click Save

Hope this helps you.

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483727

Thank you for the reply, Keith. I see how that would work but the problem
is that I received these files from someone in OUtlook express as an
attachment and I can't bring them into access. I just can't open them.
-herblady
keithl816

Have you tried saving the file to your desktop first? Then try and
export the file where you want it.