julie

Default SUMIF Problem

Ray- Thanks. I did try that (just tried it again). It doesn't make a
difference. I also made sure column A was numeric by-the-way. Any other
thoughts would be appreciated.
--
Julie

"Ray A" wrote:

Hi Julie,
Remove the " marks and the equal sign. The " signify text and the = sign is
not needed
HTH

"julie" wrote:

I'm trying to use SUMIF and the results appear to be wrong. I've checked to
be sure that the values in column B are truly numbers (not text) and they are
numbers. Column C1 is where the formula resides and the sum should be
583.50. I watched what happening using the Function Wizard, and for the
sum_range it is = {516;67.50}. Also tried taking the = out of the criteria
argument and it doesn't matter. Any ideas?

=SUMIF(A1:A1,"=2",B1:B2)

A B C
1 67.50

Thanks for your help,