bre

Default Change cell color based on contents

Sorry if this is wrong forum, not sure where it should go.

Is there a way to change a cell's color based on it's contents? For
instance, if a cell contains zero, I would like it to be red. If
greater than 100, I want it blue. Anything in between 0 and 100, no
color change is required. Thanks.

--
bre
bre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20765

Chip Pearson

You can use Conditional Formatting from the Format menu to do
this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"bre" wrote in
message ...

Sorry if this is wrong forum, not sure where it should go.

Is there a way to change a cell's color based on it's contents?
For
instance, if a cell contains zero, I would like it to be red.
If
greater than 100, I want it blue. Anything in between 0 and
100, no
color change is required. Thanks.

--
bre
bre's Profile:
View this thread:

Rolls

Hello bre, try this:

1. Select the one of the cells you want to format with colour depending on
certain conditions.
2. Select Conditional Formatting from the Format menu.
3. Select "Cell Value Is" in the left hand dropdown list (this should be the
default), "equal to" in the next dropdown list, and type 0 in the right hand
cell, then click the 'Format' button.
4. Select the Patterns tab, choose a solid red color and click OK.
5. Click the Add button to add additional conditional formats (for
example a solid yellow color for values between 0.00000001 and say
9.99999999, a solid green
for values greater than 10, etc).
6. Check that it works and then click on the Format Painter button (this
copies the conditional formatting).
7. Highlight all the cells you want to apply the conditional formatting to.

Hope this helps