Darlo

Default Unable to open excel imports on new computer

I have recently purchased a new computer with works 8 already installed .Iam
unable to open any excel documents .I have been to the microsoft download
update site which examined my computer and told me i don't need any updates
,but am still unable to proceed
Dave Peterson

MSWorks and Excel are two different programs.

If you don't own excel, you may be able to ask the author of the excel workbooks
to save their workbooks in a format that MSWorks can open.

You may want to try the free viewer from MS.

The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

and the older version if you can't run the one above:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
(One line in your browser)

or...

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

====

(If you decide to buy Excel (or all of the MSOffice Suite), keep MSWorks around
for awhile. You may need it to open those MSWorks files, save to a common file
format so that Excel can open them.)

--

Dave Peterson
Darlo

Darlo wrote:

I have recently purchased a new computer with works 8 already installed .Iam
unable to open any excel documents .I have been to the microsoft download
update site which examined my computer and told me i don't need any updates
,but am still unable to proceed

--

Dave Peterson
Many thanks Dave.I am a self taught pensioner who has struggled for days with this problem.I have transfered spread sheets from my old computor and been unable to access them.Your help has solved my problem and I am very grateful.Again,Many thanks, Darlo.