DKR

Default OH, I need help fast.(Excel-Adobe)

Can an Adobe file be converted to an excel file? I have a 7 page report in
Adobe and I need only part of it & I need to be able to make changes. I
REALLY don't want to type this whole thing again, if it would only let me cut
and paste, NOOOOOOO. Please help, I have to do it before I can leave work
today.
Thanks
Michael H

DKR,

If you open the .pdf file in Adobe Reader rather than Adobe Acrobat, you
should be able to select all the text you want, and paste into Excel.

-Michael H

"DKR" wrote:

Can an Adobe file be converted to an excel file? I have a 7 page report in
Adobe and I need only part of it & I need to be able to make changes. I
REALLY don't want to type this whole thing again, if it would only let me cut
and paste, NOOOOOOO. Please help, I have to do it before I can leave work
today.
Thanks

SteveG

You can select Text and paste into Excel but I am pretty sure you will
lose the table formatting so all of the copied text gets put into one
column and multiple rows. I have some software that converts called
Able to Extract. It works well with only minimal clean up to reproduce
the table format as is in Adobe. I think the license is under $100,
well worth it if you have to do this a lot. You can purchase and
download off their website or if if is not high security stuff, forward
to me and I'll convert it for you.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile:

SteveG

I'm leaving at 4 EST so I'll need it a minute or two before then.

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571