Michael H

Default Screen Refresh

Hi.

I'm using Excel 97 and Windows 2000 SP4. ToolsOptionsCalculation is set
to Automatic.

I have a worksheet on which three cells are giving me a problem. These
cells contain formulas dependant on other cells in the same worksheet. It
seems that these cells are being updated/calculated when I change the cells
on which they depend, but the screen is not being updated. I have to scroll
down so that those three cells can no longer be seen on the screen, and then
scroll right back up again, and then the new values can be seen. Or, I can
Alt-Tab to a different application, then right back to Excel, and then the
correct cell values are displayed. There are other cells on the same
worksheet that also contain formulas, but do not exhibit the same behavior.

I hope I have explained this well enough. Has anyone experienced similar
problems? I would appreciate some advice on how to correct this.

Thank you.
Niek Otten

There was several issues with recalculation in early versions of Excel97.
You need Service Pack 2 (SP2) to correct these. You can check your version
in HelpAbout Microsoft Excel.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Michael H" wrote in message
[...]

Michael H

Niek,

Thanks for your reply. HelpAbout says "Microsoft Excel 97 SR-2", so it
looks like Service Pack 2 (or Service Release 2) has been installed. Any
other suggestions?

"Michael H" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Select all the cells on the worksheet
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

Maybe it'll wake up excel???

Michael H wrote:

[...]

Michael H

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but the problem remains. If you (or
anyone else) have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.