Dave Peterson

Default Screen Refresh

Maybe...

Select all the cells on the worksheet
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

Maybe it'll wake up excel???

Michael H wrote:

Hi.

I'm using Excel 97 and Windows 2000 SP4. ToolsOptionsCalculation is set
to Automatic.

I have a worksheet on which three cells are giving me a problem. These
cells contain formulas dependant on other cells in the same worksheet. It
seems that these cells are being updated/calculated when I change the cells
on which they depend, but the screen is not being updated. I have to scroll
down so that those three cells can no longer be seen on the screen, and then
scroll right back up again, and then the new values can be seen. Or, I can
Alt-Tab to a different application, then right back to Excel, and then the
correct cell values are displayed. There are other cells on the same
worksheet that also contain formulas, but do not exhibit the same behavior.

I hope I have explained this well enough. Has anyone experienced similar
problems? I would appreciate some advice on how to correct this.

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson