Etiene

Default How can I create Combo list with no VBA

I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing
about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a
control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a
specific field on which calculation could start.
Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way
Art

Open up the control tool box.
Select the combo box and place it on your worksheet.
Put the list of values that you want in a column range somewhere.
Open the properties for the combo box.
Enter the range with your values in the ListFillRange property, like A2:A10
Enter the cell where you want your selection to appear in the LinkedCell
property, like F1. This should do it.

If you don't need a linked cell, you could use data validation instead of a
combo box.

Art

"Etiene" wrote:

I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing
about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a
control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a
specific field on which calculation could start.
Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way

Etiene

OK, and what if I want to show two colums (the first one being the
description and the second being the data) and then excel only copy the
second column value to another field). Sounds like a lookup system in Acess.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Etienne

"Etiene" wrote:

I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing
about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a
control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a
specific field on which calculation could start.
Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way

Art

Not a problem -- you don't need Access.

Setup your lookups like this:

A B
1 Val 1 123
2 Val 2 155
3 Val 3 123
4 Val 4 164

ListFillRange: A1:B4
LinkedCell: F1
ColumnCount: 2
BoundColumn: 2

You can change the column widths like:
ColumnWidths: 20pt ; 20pt (for example)

This should do it.

Art

"Etiene" wrote:

I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing
about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a
control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a
specific field on which calculation could start.
Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way

Etiene

How about if the data are in another tab.

How do you rename ListFillRange

My tab is called Data