Jamie

Default How do I create a list when it is not in the Data tool bar?

I need to create a list, but when I drop down the Data from the tool bar,
"list" is not an option under it. What should I do?
Conrad Carlberg

Hi Jamie,

Until the most recent XL version, a list was just an informal way of
organizing data in a worksheet. It still is, really. It's just a matter of
putting different records in different rows, different variables (or
"fields") in different columns, and the name of each variable in the list's
first row. The column variables should be adjacent to one another, as should
the records in the rows. Some Excel features work much more easily, and some
work only, with this sort of layout.

There is a List command in the Data menu of Excel 2003, which might make
things a little easier for you to set your list up, but if you lay your list
out correctly you don't need it.

--
C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005

"Jamie" wrote in message
I need to create a list, but when I drop down the Data from the tool bar,
"list" is not an option under it. What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LVictory

THe answers posted do not fix the problem. I am running 2003XP and Data/List
is not an option.

"Jamie" wrote:

I need to create a list, but when I drop down the Data from the tool bar,
"list" is not an option under it. What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
protonLeah

I'm using XL-2000-, and 'LIST' is found at DATA|VALIDATION|ALLOW:LIST.

--
protonLeah
protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32097

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
protonLeah

I'm using XL-2000-, and 'LIST' is found at DATA|VALIDATION|ALLOW:LIST.
However, you can always put your list on a scratch sheet and link a
dropdown combo box to it, though you'll probably need an INSERT button
or some EVENT code along with it.

Ben