bennyob

Default grouping hidden worksheets

I have budgets in 2 languages on separate worksheets (with the same data),
and users make changes in the different language sheets.
At present I have a macro that groups the sheets so that data entered in one
language is reflected in the data of the other.
I would like to hide the worksheet of the language not in use but still have
it grouped so changes are reflected. Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

Grouping the sheets is selecting them. To select them, they have to be
visible.

So I think you'll have to find another approach.

--

Dave Peterson
Roger Govier

Hi

Dave was quite right that you cannot do it manually, but I just tried a
simple macro and it appears to work.
Sheet2 remained grouped but not visible and accepted all alteration made on
Sheet1 and Sheet3

Adapt to suit.

Sub Macro4()
'
'
Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = False
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate

End Sub

Regards

Roger Govier

bennyob wrote:
I have budgets in 2 languages on separate worksheets (with the same data),
and users make changes in the different language sheets.
At present I have a macro that groups the sheets so that data entered in one
language is reflected in the data of the other.
I would like to hide the worksheet of the language not in use but still have
it grouped so changes are reflected. Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

Good example.

But it would scare me to trust that the worksheets are still grouped at any
given point in time.

Even a worksheet event would scare me off (too many things can go wrong):

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet3").Visible = True
Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = False
Sheets("Sheet3").Visible = False
Me.Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Just rightclicking on the worksheet tab and selecting "ungroup sheets" could
cause trouble.

bennyob wrote:
I have budgets in 2 languages on separate worksheets (with the same data),
and users make changes in the different language sheets.
At present I have a macro that groups the sheets so that data entered in one
language is reflected in the data of the other.
I would like to hide the worksheet of the language not in use but still have
it grouped so changes are reflected. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson
Roger Govier

Hi Dave

I did say "appears to work".
I'm sure its not foolproof, but it seemed to offer a possible solution to
the OP.
You are quite right to put the caveats in and maybe "scare the living
daylights" out of the OP<vbg, but he did say he already ran macros to group
the worksheets.

Regards

Roger Govier

bennyob wrote:

I have budgets in 2 languages on separate worksheets (with the same data),
and users make changes in the different language sheets.
At present I have a macro that groups the sheets so that data entered in one
language is reflected in the data of the other.
I would like to hide the worksheet of the language not in use but still have
it grouped so changes are reflected. Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

I was agreeing with you that it could be done. But just warning the OP that I
wouldn't use it.

(I think we're in violent agreement <bg.)