John_Carty

Default List function in earlier Excel versions

How can I replicate the Excel 2003 LIST function in an earlier version of
Excel, say 2000? I want to keep subtotals visible at the bottom of the
worksheet at all times and to dynamically update when filters change.
Although I am not concerned about inserting new rows...

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

JC
Peo Sjoblom

You can't

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"John_Carty" wrote in message
How can I replicate the Excel 2003 LIST function in an earlier version of
Excel, say 2000? I want to keep subtotals visible at the bottom of the
worksheet at all times and to dynamically update when filters change.
Although I am not concerned about inserting new rows...

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

JC

John_Carty

I find that difficult to believe since the autofilter capability, subtotal
function, etc. are sill accessible. What about splitting the window to
display the bottom of the spreadsheet where the subtotals do exist?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"John_Carty" wrote in message
How can I replicate the Excel 2003 LIST function in an earlier version of
Excel, say 2000? I want to keep subtotals visible at the bottom of the
worksheet at all times and to dynamically update when filters change.
Although I am not concerned about inserting new rows...

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

JC

Peo Sjoblom

Yes if you split the window you can have subtotals at the bottom visible.
I wouldn't call that replicate though

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"John_Carty" wrote in message
I find that difficult to believe since the autofilter capability, subtotal
function, etc. are sill accessible. What about splitting the window to
display the bottom of the spreadsheet where the subtotals do exist?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"John_Carty" wrote in message
How can I replicate the Excel 2003 LIST function in an earlier version
of
Excel, say 2000? I want to keep subtotals visible at the bottom of the
worksheet at all times and to dynamically update when filters change.
Although I am not concerned about inserting new rows...

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

JC

Roger Govier

Hi John

I usually insert a row above my header and use
=Subtotal(9,range)
With Freeze Panes on to keep the headers visible, the totals are also always
visible for the complete or filtered ranges.

Regards

Roger Govier

John_Carty wrote:
I find that difficult to believe since the autofilter capability, subtotal
function, etc. are sill accessible. What about splitting the window to
display the bottom of the spreadsheet where the subtotals do exist?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)