Allan

Default Wandering Mouse

I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how to
stop my mouse wandering.
In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a
diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Ian

If this is on a Dell laptop, it is a fairly common problem for the cursor to
"wander" from time to time. It generalyy stops aftr several seconds, but is
annoying all the same.

If this is not the case, have you tried another mouse?

--
Ian
--
"Allan" wrote in message
I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how
stop my mouse wandering.
In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a
diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Does it still do it with the mouse disconnected (ie with just the touchpad
in use)? If so, try removing the touchpad drivers (make sure you have
backups to reinstall). Failing this, I suggest you contact Dell for advice
or take this enquiry to an appropriate NG (eg
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware assuming you are using Windows XP).

--
Ian