Richard

Default Mail Merge

If the qty is blank in column "E" , how would you not send those to mail
merge. I only want to print the ones with a qty in column "E". Is there a VB
procedure I can use or something else?
Dave T at home

I assume you are doing the merge in word and your data is in excel.

I have an excel file containing the details of club members. I wanted to do
a mail merge only if the expire date was less than today.

In word before you do the mail merge make sure the mail merge toolbar is
shown. Click on 'mail merge recipients' and then 'clear all' of the selected
records. At the top of each field in the excel book is the column headers.
You can input your own selection criteria.

If you then save the word file it will recalculate the selection criteria
each time you open the word document.

I hope I've explained this correctly as I am still a fairly new user with
some of the more technical items. If there are any problems then please get
back to me.

Regards

Dave

"Richard" wrote:

If the qty is blank in column "E" , how would you not send those to mail
merge. I only want to print the ones with a qty in column "E". Is there a VB
procedure I can use or something else?

Jim Sweet

He may not need to do the "clear all" Dave T mentions. If he clicks the drop
down for the field with the blanks in it in the "Mail Recepients" window,
there should be a "Non-blanks" option that will invoke the filter he's
looking for immediately. He should toggle through the records in the document
window in Word to verify that the filter works the way he wants it to before
sending. Good luck!!