DrSues02

Default Complicated conditional formatting if numbers match across a data set..How?

Ok. Here is the setup I have. I have columns of data setup across the
page.

-1.5 -110 -1.5 -110 -2 -110
1.5 110 1.5 -105 2 -110

The -1.5 and -110 are in two seperate columns but together are under
the Heading A., the second set of two numbers is under Heading B, etc.

So each set of two columns should be considered a set together. My
problem:

I need some kind of query that will go across each data set and compare
the numbers and highlight them in some way if they meet certain
conditions. Take Heading A as a benchmark (Heading A makes up Columns
A/B for example). I need Column A to compare the number in Column A
(-1.5) and compare it to the first column under each seperate heading.
In the example above, it would need to compare with Heading B,1st column
(-1.5) and also with Heading C, 1st column (-2).

If it satisfies those conditions, which Heading A and B would satisfy,
but not C, I need it to check to see if Heading A, column 2, Row 1
(-110) is higher than Heading B, column 2, Row 2 (-105). If it is, I
need it to be highlighted.

Is this possible? I understand it is very hard to explain what im
trying to do, so if I need to clarify certain points, I will try to
answer them.

--
DrSues02
DrSues02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12569

nastech

Default Complicated conditional formatting if numbers match across a data

Hi, are you familiar with equations already?, you could get started with
something like:
(don't have enough info of what you are comparing, operators a < =
< (not equal), etc.; otherwise, someone else will know more complex
equations.

Conditional Formatting: click: FORMAT, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING, (can choose
3 levels)
in cell A1
=IF(OR(A1="",C1="",E1=""),"",OR(A1C1) etc.