pobruce

Default how can I save a file as *.iif

I export my bank transactions to an *iif file. If I import everything I have
duplicate checks and other information such as "Imported Income" that I have
to change within quickbooks. I'd rather edit the *.iif file and imported a
correct one. I cannot seem to import the corrected file. *iif is not one of
my "save as" options. txt files won't import. Does anyone have a work
around?
exceluserforeman

Do you have the All files (*.*) option? then you can specify your full
filename xData.iif

PS what is iif?

- -Mark

"pobruce" wrote:

I export my bank transactions to an *iif file. If I import everything I have
duplicate checks and other information such as "Imported Income" that I have
to change within quickbooks. I'd rather edit the *.iif file and imported a
correct one. I cannot seem to import the corrected file. *iif is not one of
my "save as" options. txt files won't import. Does anyone have a work
around?

pobruce

Actually, my only options seem to be .xls or .txt
IIF stands for Intuit Interchange Format. My bank converts data into that
format for import into Quickbooks, but Excel wants to save any changes as one
of the above. There seem to be utilities that convert xls to iif but I hate
having to go through all those steps.

Thanks for the response.