Bandar

Default Why does Excel file size increase GREATLY with only a SMALL pictu

When I insert even a very small picture file (e.g., a 6 kB .tif file) into an
Excel Worksheet, the Excel file size increases to a much greater degree (by
about 400kB).
This becomes a real problem when I used 10 or more picture files.
What can I do to avoid this?
I have tried other picture formats (.jpg, .png, .wmf), with similar results.
I am using Excel 2003, running on Windows XP.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Jim Rech

Interesting. And how weird that I got a 21K XLS after inserting a 48K BMP!
I have no idea what's going on<g

--
Jim