Bob_O

Default IFSUM

When using IFSum I tried to use the location (C6) where I had the name of a
range and the function doesn't work. I also tried to use a location where I
had a date number. I used the less than symbol with the location and again
the function doesn't work.
Jerry W. Lewis

There is no IFSUM function native to Excel. Are you talking about SUMIF
or a custom function from an add-in?

SUMIF does not support indirect range references. You might be able to
cobble something together using SUMPRODUCT, but have provided too little
information for specific recommendations.

Jerry

Bob_O wrote:

When using IFSum I tried to use the location (C6) where I had the name of a
range and the function doesn't work. I also tried to use a location where I
had a date number. I used the less than symbol with the location and again
the function doesn't work.

Chip Pearson

SUMIF does not support indirect range references.

I think it does support indirect range references. For example,
if E1 contains the text string A1:A6, the formula
=SUMIF(INDIRECT(E1),"a",B1:B6)
is the same as
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"a",B1:B6)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Bob_O wrote:

When using IFSum I tried to use the location (C6) where I had
the name of a range and the function doesn't work. I also
tried to use a location where I had a date number. I used the
less than symbol with the location and again the function
doesn't work.

Jerry W. Lewis

You're right, COUNTIF and SUMIF have such limited formula handling
ability that I just automatically turn to SUMPRODUCT, even though I
didn't need to in this instance.

Jerry

Chip Pearson wrote:

SUMIF does not support indirect range references.

I think it does support indirect range references. For example,
if E1 contains the text string A1:A6, the formula
=SUMIF(INDIRECT(E1),"a",B1:B6)
is the same as
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"a",B1:B6)

my date range does not work in an = ifsum dawn Excel Worksheet Functions 1 September 27th 05 08:16 PM
ifsum slows down calculations Peter Nash Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 10th 05 09:18 AM
IfSum TYE Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 27th 05 06:02 PM
Help on ifsum TYE Excel Worksheet Functions 3 August 18th 05 12:50 PM
IFSUM with 2 condictions IFSUM with 2 condictions Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 21st 05 12:19 AM