EDSTAFF

Default Lists, 2003--2000

I have Excel 2003 at home, Excel 2000 at work. I created drop-down sorting
buttons at home using Data/List/Create List with range C11:J52. Text in
C11:J11 converted to headers for sorting. I was a bit dismayed when I opened
file at work and sorting buttons/headers did not maintain sorting function.
Is there a way to create Lists in 2003 and open in 2000 and maintaing the
sorting function created using Data/List? If not, how can I create the same
funciton in 2000 at the office without using VBS (VBS not allowed at work per
company policy)? Is there a control in 2000 that I am missing for this
function?

TIA
Roger Govier

Hi

I suspect that you have something like the following as your Sort Macro in 2003

Sub Macro2003()

Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
End Sub

The last part, following the last comma, is not understood by XL2000 and
omitting it from 2003 does not prevent it from working.

Sub Macro2000()

Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End Sub

Regards

Roger Govier

EDSTAFF wrote:
I have Excel 2003 at home, Excel 2000 at work. I created drop-down sorting
buttons at home using Data/List/Create List with range C11:J52. Text in
C11:J11 converted to headers for sorting. I was a bit dismayed when I opened
file at work and sorting buttons/headers did not maintain sorting function.
Is there a way to create Lists in 2003 and open in 2000 and maintaing the
sorting function created using Data/List? If not, how can I create the same
funciton in 2000 at the office without using VBS (VBS not allowed at work per
company policy)? Is there a control in 2000 that I am missing for this
function?

TIA

Tom Ogilvy

The list functionality was introduced in xl2003, so it can not be reproduced
in earlier verions.

You will have to apply autofilters individually and sort individually
without the aid of special dropdowns.

--
Rgards,
Tom Ogilvy