Roger Govier

Default Lists, 2003--2000

Hi

I suspect that you have something like the following as your Sort Macro in 2003

Sub Macro2003()

Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
End Sub

The last part, following the last comma, is not understood by XL2000 and
omitting it from 2003 does not prevent it from working.

Sub Macro2000()

Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End Sub

Regards

Roger Govier

EDSTAFF wrote:
I have Excel 2003 at home, Excel 2000 at work. I created drop-down sorting
buttons at home using Data/List/Create List with range C11:J52. Text in
C11:J11 converted to headers for sorting. I was a bit dismayed when I opened
file at work and sorting buttons/headers did not maintain sorting function.
Is there a way to create Lists in 2003 and open in 2000 and maintaing the
sorting function created using Data/List? If not, how can I create the same
funciton in 2000 at the office without using VBS (VBS not allowed at work per
company policy)? Is there a control in 2000 that I am missing for this
function?

TIA