anoop

Default Need help on ouptput against range

Dear All.

Please help on following problem
I have 8 different range as stated below.
Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B
and so on..

Col A Col B ColC
Start End Result
0 10 A
11 20 B
21 30 C
31 40 D
41 50 E
51 60 F
61 70 G
70 100 H

Based on some input i want output based on result of above range.
E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E
or my input is 9 then putput should be A

How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output.
Please help me on this urgently.

Regards
Anoop

--
anoop
anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3066

Bob Umlas

=VLOOKUP(input,B2:C11,2)
for example: =VLOOKUP(42,B2:C11,2) would return E. The data in column A is
not needed for the VLOOKUP formula
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"anoop" wrote in

[...]