renate

Default Expired date to show up automatically

In our company we have safety harnesses and they need to be recertified every
year. I Would like to put the date in and then for it to show up as expired
in a year with a different colour. There must be a way to do this with a
formula or something?

Thanks

Ltat42a

"renate" wrote in message
In our company we have safety harnesses and they need to be

recertified
every
year. I Would like to put the date in and then for it to show up as
expired
in a year with a different colour. There must be a way to do this

with a
formula or something?

Thanks

I have a similar situation. I have a list of items in column A, I have
their expiration dates in column B.
Question 1 - when I open this spreadsheet, is it possible to sort this
list according to the dates in column B (ascending).

Question 2 - After sorting, the items that are to expire in the same
month the spreadsheet is opened - is it possible to format the item and
it's expiration date with a BOLD & RED font color?

Pretty much all of our items don't have a specific expiration dates
- i.e. 10/19/2005.
All of the expiration dates are by month and year only - 10/2005. We
take the items out of service at the end of the month.

Is this possible??

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735

Ian

Q1 - Select the data tabel and go to DataSort and selet he column you want
to sort by.

Q2 - Yes. Use Conditional FormattingCell Value isequal to and enter
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()))
This will work assuming the actual data in the expiration date is the first
of the month eg 01/10/2005.
--
Ian