Brian Ferris

Default Vlookup is not enough !!

Hi there,

Please help me out with the folliwing query. This is my data which I wish to
lookup:

Group name

12 Brian
33 Norman
12 Victor
12 Sonia
25 Mary
33 Horris
25 Peter
44 james
66 Holden

I wish to select say groups 12 & 33 and wish to obtain the following answer
(i.e. list all under each other who belong to that group) Thereof

12 Brian
12 Victor
12 Sonia
33 Norman
33 Horris

Is this possible ... I hope I made myself clear enough. If not, please reply
and I will elaborate further.

Thanks,
Brian

Stefi

This is an Autofilter job!
Data/Autofilter
Click drop down arrow on column Group
Choose equals 12 in first condition line
Click option button OR
Choose equals 33 in second condition line

Optionally you should first sort your data by column Group.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Brian Ferris€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

[...]

Brian Ferris

Hi Thanks for your answer ... however what i provided is only a simple
example of my data ... the nunmber of groups I have in fact exceeds 100 ! The
autofilter can never apply !!! Any other suggestions ???

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Roger Govier

Hi Brian

Try using a Pivot Table.
Mark your range of data (do not have a blank row below your headings).
DataPivot TableNextNextFinish
Drag Group to Row area, drag Name to Row Area drag Name to Data area
Use the drop down on Group to select just the groups of interest.

For more information on Pivot Tables take a look at
and

Regards

Roger Govier

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Maybe using data|Filter|advanced filter would work:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html
(Debra Dalgleish's site)

I sometimes use another column that evaluates to true/false based on some
criteria. Then filter on that:

Maybe something like:
=OR(A2={13,14,15})

--