liliandelosnarcos

Default how to input a pop up to advise me about my deadline?

can I input in excel a message that appears each time a deadline goes to 0???
Jim Rech

If you're fairly proficient with macros I suppose you could. You could also
use a screw driver as a hammer. But it's best to use the right tool for
each job and I think Outlook is the best tool in this case, as least in the
MS Office suite.

--
Jim
"liliandelosnarcos" wrote in
| can I input in excel a message that appears each time a deadline goes to
0???

neopolitan

Assuming that you have your deadlines for various events in one column:
1. Select the first cell containing a deadline (assume A2)
2. Click on FormatConditional formatting and select "Formula Is" in
the leftmost dropdown window and enter this formula in the window that
appears:
A2<=today()
3. Click on Format button and choose Pattern and select a color for the
background of the cell and click OK.
4. Use the Format Painter tool button and copy the format to the other
cells containing deadlines.

The result is that any cell with a deadline equal to or before today
will be hi-lited in color you choose.

Another way if you want a Pop-up window is to put the following code in
the "This Workbook" code module:

Code:
--------------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Date = DateValue("3/9/2005") Then MsgBox "Reminder: Do something"
End Sub

Substitute your deadline date for "3/9/2005" in the code. and your own
message for the text: "Reminder: Do something"

Thanks to Oaktree on another board for this code.

--
neopolitan

neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479731