mikenoble

Default My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?

In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these
shortcut viewed and possibly reset?
Jim Rech

There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting
to do a fill down. One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke
before it gets to Excel. The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has
been assigned to a macro. One way to check the latter possibility quickly
is to start Excel in safe mode. From Start-Run enter "excel.exe /s"
(without quotes, there is s pace before the slash). If Ctrl-d works then
you know it is a macro loading with some workbook that is causing the
problem. You'd have to investigate further to find the culprit.
--
Jim
"mikenoble" wrote in message
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these
shortcut viewed and possibly reset?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
-A -A is offline

"mikenoble" wrote in message
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these
shortcut viewed and possibly reset?

I'm having the same problem but with Ctrl + space bar. I tried running the
safe mode and the shortcut still doesn't work. What can I do? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ctrl-Spacebar should select all cells in the active column(s). I use this
all the time and have never seen it fail. But with different keyboards and
possibly different regional settings I suppose anything is possible. Sorry
I have no answer.

--
Jim