Cheese

Default Autofilter reset button

I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled
with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was
press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.

How can I replicate the same thing?
Anne Troy

Actually, I think you can record that macro.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Cheese" wrote in message
I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button

coupled
with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was
press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.

How can I replicate the same thing?

Cheese

Thank you Anne. For some reason, I didn't think to try recording this macro.

On a related topic, I'm having trouble dealing with the panes and the
Autofiltering now. In addition, I cannot activate the button - clicking on it
selects the button as to move its position around.

Without the autofiltering in use, I had the first three rows on a seperate
pane from the rest to allow for the column headings, some text, and a place
for the macro form button to go. When selecting a piece of criteria from the
Autofilter menus, my top pane is reduced to one row and the column headings
disappear. Maybe I'm doing this wrong and I need to use a Split instead of
trying to freeze the top pane?
Pritesh Shah

Hey,
you can achieve the same by recording a new macro and giving it a name. U
can also save it as a button on the toolbar, so that it gives u a feel of
Form.

"Cheese" wrote:

I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter
for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of
you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled
with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was
press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined
Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting.

How can I replicate the same thing?

Dave Peterson

You can add a button to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|customize|commands tab|Data category
Look for "Show All"

And drag it to the toolbar.

This button will be available for every worksheet.

You may want to drag the autofilter button to that same toolbar. Just select
your range and click that button to do the same as Data|filter|autofilter.

--

Dave Peterson

Anne Troy

What version, Cheese?
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip046.shtml

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Cheese" wrote in message
Thank you Anne. For some reason, I didn't think to try recording this

macro.

On a related topic, I'm having trouble dealing with the panes and the
Autofiltering now. In addition, I cannot activate the button - clicking on

it
selects the button as to move its position around.

Without the autofiltering in use, I had the first three rows on a seperate
pane from the rest to allow for the column headings, some text, and a

place
for the macro form button to go. When selecting a piece of criteria from

the
Autofilter menus, my top pane is reduced to one row and the column

headings
disappear. Maybe I'm doing this wrong and I need to use a Split instead of
trying to freeze the top pane?

Cheese

What version, Cheese?
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip046.shtml