Dr. Darrell

Default ... I would like the Worksheet Tab Title to be in Cell A1 too...

Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a Cell?

Darrell
Peo Sjoblom

One way

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

Peo Sjoblom

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a Cell?

Darrell

Dr. Darrell

Peo:

This seems to be a method to extract text from a string in a given cell. I
don't think it will work with the TAB. (unless the Tab has an address similar
to a cell's address.

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a Cell?

Darrell

Dr. Darrell

I entered my file name: =MID(CELL(Test,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension:
=MID(CELL(Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension and it's path:
=MID(CELL('C':\Documents and Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My
Documents\Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL('C':\Documents and
Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My Documents\Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

The result was the same: #NAME (formular result = volitile)

My worksheet Tab name is "Test Tab"

Am I supposed to substitute something for "]" ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Why don't you try it

Peo Sjoblom

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a

Cell?

Darrell

Dave Peterson

Don't make any changes with Peo's original formula. Just copy and paste
directly to the formula bar for that cell.

Dr. Darrell wrote:

I entered my file name: =MID(CELL(Test,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension:
=MID(CELL(Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension and it's path:
=MID(CELL('C':\Documents and Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My
Documents\Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL('C':\Documents and
Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My Documents\Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

The result was the same: #NAME (formular result = volitile)

My worksheet Tab name is "Test Tab"

Am I supposed to substitute something for "]" ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Why don't you try it

Peo Sjoblom

--

Dave Peterson
Dr. Darrell

I copied and pasted the formular as typed by Peo and I got the same result:
"#NAME"

Darrell

Dr. Darrell wrote:

I entered my file name: =MID(CELL(Test,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension:
=MID(CELL(Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension and it's path:
=MID(CELL('C':\Documents and Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My
Documents\Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL('C':\Documents and
Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My Documents\Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

The result was the same: #NAME (formular result = volitile)

My worksheet Tab name is "Test Tab"

Am I supposed to substitute something for "]" ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Why don't you try it

Peo Sjoblom

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a
Cell?

Darrell

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Did you use Peo's original formula?

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

I bet you changed it slightly.

Dr. Darrell wrote:

I entered my file name: =MID(CELL(Test,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension:
=MID(CELL(Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL(Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

I entered my file name along with it's extension and it's path:
=MID(CELL('C':\Documents and Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My
Documents\Test.xls,A1),FIND("]",CELL('C':\Documents and
Settings\Darrell.Roak.PUMP_EXCH\My Documents\Test.xls,A1))+1,32)

The result was the same: #NAME (formular result = volitile)

My worksheet Tab name is "Test Tab"

Am I supposed to substitute something for "]" ?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Why don't you try it

Peo Sjoblom

"Dr. Darrell" wrote in message
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a
Cell?

Darrell

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
David

?B?RHIuIERhcnJlbGw=?= wrote

I copied and pasted the formular as typed by Peo and I got the same
result: "#NAME"

Darrell

I seem to recall you have to save the file before the formula takes effect.

--
David
Dave Peterson

But I get a #value! error if the workbook wasn't saved.

David wrote:

?B?RHIuIERhcnJlbGw=?= wrote

I copied and pasted the formular as typed by Peo and I got the same
result: "#NAME"

Darrell

I seem to recall you have to save the file before the formula takes effect.

--
David

--

Dave Peterson

David

Dave Peterson wrote

But I get a #value! error if the workbook wasn't saved.

I'll have to bow to your considerably greater experience in these matters.
I just didn't see any reference to saving the file in this thread.

--
David