zen2010

Default Recalculations Excel 2002 (xp)

I am curious to how others are hangling the following problem. I have a
number of users that are unable to perform a recalculation on there
spreadsheets (via shift + F9 or tools\optionscalculations\calc sheet)
When you have a spreadsheet set up for manual calculations( ie.
Tools\options\calculations\manual) the worksheet does not recalculate.
Using F9 from that point will not recalculate the spreadsheet either.
(of course all this is dependent on cell changes / updates) .

Now, this being said, if you use F9 to recalculate the spreadsheet from
the beginning then the spreadsheet recalculates properly and shift+f9
works from that point. Also should a new formula be added to the
worksheet Prior to using shift + F9, the recalculations work.

With all this being said, I have found that you can also save the
spreadsheet in html format and reopen /save in excel and the issue
disappears.

I am presently looking for a configuration or fix i can push to these
individuals machines that could fix this issue. Any suggestions or
other ideas?

Thanks!!
-Z

--
zen2010
zen2010's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m139

Dave Peterson

xl2002 added another way to force recalculation.

This is from xl2003's help for "Change when and how formulas are calculated"

Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and
formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a workbook is set for
automatic calculation, you do not need to press F9 for calculation.

Press SHIFT+F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation,
and formulas dependent on them, in the active worksheet.

Press CTRL+ALT+F9 Calculates all formulas in all open workbooks, regardless
of whether they have changed since last time or not.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F9 Rechecks dependent formulas, and then calculates all
formulas in all open workbooks, regardless of whether they have changed since
last time or not.

Maybe that last one will work for you.

========
And one more thing to try.

Group all the sheets
select all the cells
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all
ungroup the sheets

Maybe it'll "wake up" excel's calculation engine.