Inobugs

Default How can I change the font size on an Excel sheet tab?

The font size in me Excel worksheets is too large and I cannot find an answer
in either help or the knowledge base as to how to change it.
Anne Troy

That's your Windows Desktop settings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Inobugs" wrote in message
The font size in me Excel worksheets is too large and I cannot find an
answer
in either help or the knowledge base as to how to change it.

Inobugs

"Anne Troy" wrote:

That's your Windows Desktop settings.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Inobugs" wrote in message
The font size in my Excel worksheets is too large and I cannot find an
answer
in either help or the knowledge base as to how to change it.

I assume you mean the appearance tab of the desktop properties. When I click "Advanced", I get a whole list of fonts to alter. Is this the right way to go about changing the setting; and if so, which font do I tinker with to get the font and size I want on the Excel sheet tabs? Thanks

Max

"Inobugs" wrote:
.. get the font and size I want on the Excel sheet tabs?

Think the worksheet tab is governed by the size in the scrollbar setting

Say, in Windows XP:
Right-click at any empty spot in desktop Properties
In Display Properties dialog, choose Appearance tab
Click "Advanced" button
In the Advanced Appearance dialog
Click the "Item" droplist choose 'Scrollbar"
Set size lower* to say: 16 OK Apply

*as it seems too large? as per your orig. post
--
Rgds
Max